LATIN ON WIKIPEDIA!
CJ Hinke, The Classical Wizard, Bangkok, Thailand & Tofino, Canada
Yes, we know you know all this already! This a just a reminder of how wonderful a resource Wikipedia can be. We may one day get around to investigating of of Wikipedia’s Latin links and adding them to Internet Resources for the Classics. Till then, you’re on your own!
- alt.language.latin, the Usenet newsgroup
- Colloquia Latina — Latin discussion list
- Contemporary Latin Poetry
- Ephemeris — World news in Latin and other stuff
- Free Latin Dictionary Thousands of Latin terms
- Fundatio Melissa
- Grex Latine Loquentium
- Homo Ciceronianus — Entirely Latin commentary on Latin literature and philosophy
- Latin computer terminology — An example of the constant changes made in modern Latin.
- The Latin Language Forum – Message board for discussions in and about the Latin language
- The Latin Language Learning Podcast from London — contains lessons and examples of spoken Latin, using G. J. Adler’s textbook.
- The Latin Lexicon A web 2.0 Latin Lexicon/Dictionary, word-study tool and flashcard maker
- Latinitas Recens — English-Latin Dictionary of Modern Terms (defunct)
- Latinitas Recens (Speculum) – Latin Dictionary of Modern Terms (mirror)
- Latinitati Vivae Provehendae Associatio
- LatinLanguage.us – Weblog reporting on Latin in the modern age.
- Lingua Latina Aeterna
- Nuntii Latini — Weekly review of world news in Latin from Finland
- Nuntii Latini Italici — News in Latin from Italy
- Phrases for conversational Latin
- Poeta ex Machina — Text-to-Speech for Latin poetry.
- Schola, Scribendum est nobis! A social website for messaging and blogging in Latin only.
- Septentrionale Americanum Latinitatis Vivae Institutum — North American Institute of Living Latin Studies
- Septimanae Latinae Europaeae — European Latin Weeks
- Societas Circulorum Latinorum — umbrella group for Latin “Circles”, including:
- Circulus Latinus Panormitanus — group in Palermo, Italy
- Circulus Latinus Seattlensis — group in Seattle
- Subtilia.org — Latin literary periodical.
- University of Kentucky Institute for Latin studies
- Vicipaedia, the Latin Wikipedia
- Vita Latina by the University of Montpellier
- Vita Latinitatis — useful links for people interested in speaking Latin
- AP Latin Literature
- Latin alphabet
- Alphabets derived from the Latin
- Latin characters in Unicode
- List of Latin letters
- Latin encyclopedia
- Latin grammar
- Latin literature
- Latin profanity
- Latin spelling and pronunciation
- Greek and Latin roots in English
- Latin honors
- Latin influence in English
- List of Germanic and Latinate equivalents in English
- List of Latin abbreviations
- List of Latin and Greek words commonly used in systematic names
- List of Latin phrases
- List of Latin words with English derivatives
- List of Latinised names
- List of legal Latin terms
- List of songs with Latin lyrics
- List of Latin place names in Europe
- Ancient Rome
- Carmen Possum
- Dog Latin
- pig Latin
- Latin liturgy
- Macaronic Latin
- Latino sine Flexione
- Loeb Classical Library
- Romance languages
- Romance peoples
Wikibooks has a book on the topic of
- English – Latin A search engine for English to Latin translations
- Open Latin Dictionary English-Latin dictionary with wiki-like user editable vocabulary
- Dictionary of Latin phrases
- LATdict Online Latin Dictionary currently contains 39,225 Latin word entries, and 229,345 searchable English words
- Latin language history and Classical Latin texts translated into English.
- Latin dictionary access to thousands of Latin terms, Latin phrases, Latin expressions and Latin words.
- Latin dictionary plugin for Mac OS X‘s Dictionary.app.
- Latin-English dictionary and Latin grammar, from the University of Notre Dame
- Latin Etymology, An Etymological Dictionary of the Latin Language
- Latin for Beginners at Publicliterature.org
- Latin Language, origin and history, grammar, vocabulary, texts, etc.
- Latin Online from the University of Texas at Austin
- Latinum — Anglice et Latine — Extensive Latin language learning podcast.
- National Latin Exam
- Omniamundamundis, Latin texts from fourteen ancient Roman authors
- Online Latin Community Web forum for discussion of Latin language both in Latin and in  (English)
- Schola Latina Universalis, a version of Comenius’s Orbis Sensualium Pictus
- The Latin Library A collection of Latin texts: classical, Christian, medieval, and modern. See also The Latin Library
- The Perseus Project, a resource for classical languages and literature
- Understanding Anatomical Latin, explaining common medical/anatomical forms
- Academia Thules offers online courses on Roman History, Philosophy, Archaeology, Religion, Language, Military Arts, Law.
- Advanced Latin – covers the next stages.
- Beginners’ Latin – UK Government website for learning Latin (UK National Archives)
- Classical Latin course – a free online course
- Free public domain Latin textbooks – from TextKit.com
- Latin for Beginners – an ebook of a 1911 Latin textbook
- Latin grammar – interactive (Java)
- MP3 Audio of the Latin Text 1962 Ordo Missae
- Simplicissimus – free Ecclesiastical Latin course
- Robinson Crusoe in Latin
- An Drouizig – Latin Spell-checker
- Classical Academic Press, online Latin vocabulary review
- Ephemeris, a Latin newspaper online
- Latin Google, Latin version of Google
- Memoria Press, editorial articles about the benefits of the study of Latin
- Nuntii Latini, weekly world news in Classical Latin published by Radio Finland
- Schola – social network where only Latin is used
- Vita Latina by the University of Montpellier